Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ted Talks Summary No. 9

Helen Fisher
          The Brain In Love


Helen Fishes gets down to why we deal with love how we do.

Anthropologist, expert on romantic love.

In this talk, Helen Fisher talks about how we go about dealing with different types of love, how we experience love, how our brain reacts to experiencing love, and how we deal with getting out of love. Obviously starting off with the different way we go about loving, she talks about when we love, a sensory part of our body goes to work, which is the part that allows us to feel good. And that's why people are so addicted to love, because we sometimes feel so attracted to this person that we cant get enough of it. And apparently after romantic relationship break ups, you would  think that we would like to forget this person and just move on, but infact we just love them harder.

I picked this particular ted talk because I was talking to my dad, and in the back of my mind I was wondering, why parents separate, and why it has been getting more, and more frequent throughout the years. I sometimes feel like, am i the only one that has a real family? pardon me for saying that and I mean no offence to anyone, but sometimes if feel it to be true, my parents are still in a loving relationship, but I find it weird that so many parents are separated.

Although that was what I wanted to be answered it didn't quite help me, instead gave me a better grasp of how we love one another, and what the actual feeling of love means to people. Well, I know what that feels like, I've been there. So infact it did help me in some ways but not quite in the areas I expected.

I know its the recommended quote but I liked it so much. "Romantic love is an addiction: a perfectly wonderful addiction when it’s going well, and a perfectly horrible addiction when it’s going poorly.”



No comments:

Post a Comment