Sunday, April 1, 2012

(and finally) Ted Talks Summary No. 10

Steve Jobs
          How To Live Before You Die


Steve Jobs talks about how his life proceeded from birth and how he arose to the seat he holds today

CEO of Apple and founder of "Pixar"

In my final talk, Apple CEO Steve Jobs starts by telling us how he was adopted into a family that took him for who he was, and seventeen years later put him in college for him to drop out six months later, because he felt we was wasting his parents life savings. He did various things until he began working with computers and began a 10 year journey to create the multi-billion dollar industry that today is know as "Apple". When fired from apple due to a bad decision, he took a step back and thought carefully about his life, eventually starting companies called "Pixar" and "Next" witch were eventually owned by apple. So there he was again back up top. But after having this epiphany, he really wanted to "live" before he died, and to make conscientious decisions to feel like you were living each day as if you would "like" it to be your last.

I chose to do this one, because I figured Steve jobs would be talking about his life and his rise to fame and power. I figured I could see if I could pick up any helpful tips for life along the road. It has always really intruiged me to hear stories of what people did after school, even today I am hearing interesting things about my parents early lives that I didnt know.

I ended up getting a feel for what people do after they graduate, but it still worries me to think of what I am to do. I really liked his part about living each day like you would like it to be your last, because it sort of ties in with my moral belief system that I currently use, and I think it could be a helpful tool to use.

My favorite part, and by now you are hearing an echo, was when he says. At the end of each day, I looked in the mirror, and asked myself. If this were my last day on earth, would i have made the decisions that I did? and if my answer enough times in a row was no, then I knew something needed to be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment